Content Copyright, Removal and Liability
Silicon Allee UG (haftungsbeschränkt), through a series of websites and applications is permitted to do business as Silicon Allee (hereinafter ‘Silicon Allee’). Silicon Allee relies on third party contributors and other user commentary. Silicon Allee shall remove all material that it may find objectionable or material that violates third party propriety. In the event or circumstance that Silicon Allee did not remove such material due to either human error or oversight, then you are obliged to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with – REMOVAL NOTICE – in the subject line and an email link in the body of the email message linking to the subject matter at issue. Silicon Allee therefore and heretofore assumes no liability for any content whatsoever that sits on external links and heretofore dissociates itself from any and all contents of all such pages and content linked to and listed on such external websites. This statement applies to all links indicated on the pages of this and other Silicon Allee websites, applications and domains. The operators of the linked websites are exclusively responsible for their own content in reference to Case 312 O 85/98 Haftung für Links  Landgericht Hamburg.
‘Silicon Allee’ is a trademark of Travis Todd and Schuyler Deerman registered in the German Patent and Trademark Office under No. 014415781 and No. 014996581 and use of this brand by Silicon Allee UG may be revoked at any time.
Last Updated: December 2019
Prepared For: Silicon Allee
- Personal Information We Collect
- How we use Personal Information
- Personal Information We Share
- Aggregate Information
- Your Choices
- Information Storage & Security
- Special Note about Children
- External Links
- Your Data Protection Rights
- How to Contact the Appropriate Authority
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information Silicon Allee (“Company,” “us,” “we” or “our”) collects through www.siliconallee.com (“Site,” “Website”) and how we collect, use, and share that information. This Privacy Statement does not pertain to the collection of personal information through any means other than the site.
By using the Site, you accept the collection, use and sharing of personal data as described in this Privacy Statement. If you do not agree with the terms of this Privacy Statement, please do not access, browse, or use the Site.
- “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (‘data subject’); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person;
- ‘Processing’ means any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction;
- ‘third party’ means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data;
- ‘consent’ of the data subject means any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her;
3. Personal Information We Collect
A. Information You Give Us
You do not have to provide any information in order to use the Site. However, you may be asked to provide personal information to submit or request information from us, or to use the services offered. We collect information such as your name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. Upon providing personal information we will collect, store and use this data.
B. Automated Information Collection
Our Site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google, Inc., 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043 USA, www.google.com (“Google Analytics” or “Google”). We may collect certain information about your use of the Site through the use of tracking technologies such as Google Analytics. This “passively collected” information includes, but is not limited to, the domain name of the website that allowed you to navigate to the Site, search engines used, the internet protocol (IP) address used, the length of time spent on the Site, the pages you looked at on the Site, other websites you visited before and after visiting the Site, the type of internet browser you have, the frequency of your visits to the Site, and other relevant statistics, including the following:
- Cookies: Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- You can find additional information on how to install this browser add-on at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
4. How We Use Personal Information
Personal information collected through the site may be used by Silicon Allee and its affiliates for purposes of:
- Creating and storing a user profile for you;
- To fulfill service requests;
- To notify you regarding the status of service requests;
- Sending you marketing materials;
- Responding to your questions;
- Contacting you, whether by email, or telephone with information about the site or our services;
- Auditing, research, and analysis to improve the Site and our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network;
- Compiling personal information and other information collected through the Site on an aggregate basis.
5. Personal Information We Share & Legal Basis
We do not share personal information collected through the Site, except as described below:
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates and Partnerships. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries, affiliates and partnerships for the purposes for which you provided the information or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We work with third parties that provide services on our behalf. Such services may include website hosting, marketing, and website usage analytics. We may share personal information and non-personal information with these third parties for the purpose of enabling them to provide these services.
- Consent we may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide.
- Required by Law. We may disclose personal information or any information collected through the site if we are required to do so by law
6. Aggregate Information
We may compile personal information and other information collected through the site on an aggregate basis. This information may include, without limitation, the number of users who have registered for the Site, demographic information about users of the Site, and individual purchase preferences. Such aggregate information does not identify you individually. We may use aggregate information and share aggregate information with third parties for any of the purposes specified in this Privacy Statement, and for any other lawful purpose.
7. Your Choices
A. Information You Provide
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on the Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may limit your access to certain portions of the Site or our services.
B. Communications From Us
If at any time you decide that you no longer wish to receive notices from us regarding the Site, you may indicate this preference by contacting us at Team@siliconallee.com
8. Information Storage and Security
We employ reasonable security precautions to protect personal information about you.
9. A Special Note about Children
Children are not eligible to use the Site, and we ask that minors (children under the age of 13) not submit any personal information to us. If you are a minor, you can use the Site only in conjunction with your parents or guardians.
10. External Links
11. Your Data Protection Rights
Silicon Allee would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Silicon Allee for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service. *For organisational fees involved*
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Silicon Allee correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Silicon Allee to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Silicon Allee erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Silicon Allee restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Silicon Allee’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Silicon Allee transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via email: Team@siliconallee.com
12. Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change or update the Site or any of our policies and procedures without prior notice. Your continued use of the Site signifies your continued assent to the terms of this Privacy Statement, as updated or amended at that time.
13. Questions Regarding this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Privacy Statement, please send us an email at Team@siliconallee.com
Last Updated: December, 2019
14. How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Silicon Allee has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Address: Husarenstraße 30, 53117 Bonn
Telephone: +49 (0) 228-997799-0